Cellulose Insulation in Lynchburg, VA
Fiberglass is one of the best-known materials for home insulation — but it’s not always the best one for the job. If you’re looking for a non-fiberglass alternative for your insulation needs, cellulose insulation may be the right choice.
The benefits of cellulose insulation begin with its affordable price point. Your cellulose insulation cost can be much less than other products. Cellulose is also versatile, as it is ideal to both blow into open attics and dense pack into closed walls. Toler Insulating installs dry cellulose insulation and stabilized cellulose insulation, which allows you to approach your project with multiple options that will work for your space.
What Is Cellulose Insulation?
Cellulose insulation is manufactured from recycled newspapers and other paper products such as cardboard and office paper. During the manufacturing process, the paper is treated with a fire retardant so it will not actively catch fire if exposed to flame. This helps keep your home better protected from potential accidents caused by fireplaces or electrical problems.
Cellulose insulation comes in a loose-fill form. During installation, a blowing machine is used to blow cellulose attic insulation into place. It is also ideal in closed areas by dense packing cellulose insulation in walls and other interior cavities.
By creating access points in the wall, loose-fill cellulose insulation can be dense packed into the wall to add R-value and reduce sound transfer. And, on top of those benefits, you will be able to keep conditioned air inside your home — and the natural hot and cold elements out. This allows you to keep your living conditions comfortable all year long.
More to Know About Cellulose Insulation
You may have heard about the growing popularity of cellulose insulation and its many energy saving benefits such as reducing your carbon footprint, lowering your heating and cooling costs, and providing quality sound control. Here are a few more things to know about this effective insulation choice:
- It has a Class 1 flame spread rating and contains active fire-resistance materials to provide durable and excellent fire resistance.
- It is resistant to mold growth and works to dissipate moisture for moisture management.
- It does not contain asbestos or formaldehyde.
- It is ideal for insulating older homes and adding R-value and filling gaps over existing insulation.
- It is safe to touch and won’t irritate unprotected skin.
- It won’t settle in sidewalls but will settle in attics until it reaches a stable density, similar to other blown insulation. All thermal performance testing is done at the settled thickness.
If you are in need of professional insulation services in Lynchburg, VA, look no further than Toler Insulating. Call us at 434-239-8590 to request a proposal or discuss your insulating needs, and our experienced team will talk you through it all and get you on your way toward improving your living experience.